We hope you love using DoctorsNYNJ. We really do. This document contains important information that you need to consider before making an important decision.
Effective Date: May 17, 2018
1. ABOUT THE SITE
2. WE DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The Content that you obtain or receive from DoctorsNYNJ, its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise through the Services, is for informational, scheduling and payment purposes only. All medically related information, including, without limitation, information shared via DoctorsNYNJ Answers, the DoctorsNYNJ blog, DoctorsNYNJ social channels, DoctorsNYNJ emails and text messages, and DoctorsNYNJ advertising, comes from independent healthcare professionals and organizations and is for informational purposes only. WHILE WE HOPE THE CONTENT IS USEFUL IN YOUR HEALTHCARE JOURNEY, IT IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. DO NOT USE THE SERVICES FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU EXPERIENCE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, IMMEDIATELY CALL A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL AND 911. YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, DENTISTRY, NURSING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTHCARE ADVICE, OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, Healthcare Providers, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear through the Services. If you rely on any Content, you do so solely at your own risk. We encourage you to independently confirm any Content relevant to you with other sources, including the Healthcare Provider’s office, medical associations relevant to the applicable specialty, your state medical boards, and the appropriate licensing or certification authorities to verify listed credentials and education.
3. NO DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
DOCTORS, DENTISTS, NURSES, AND OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS USE THE SERVICES TO SHARE CONTENT WITH YOU, BUT YOUR USE OF THIS CONTENT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR HEALTHCARE. NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT. THIS IS TRUE WHETHER SUCH CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THROUGH ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM DoctorsNYNJ INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE “FIND A DOCTOR” FEATURE, DoctorsNYNJ ANSWERS, DoctorsNYNJ BLOG, DoctorsNYNJ SOCIAL CHANNELS, DoctorsNYNJ EMAILS OR TEXT MESSAGE LINKS TO OTHER SITES, OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IN ANY FIELD. DoctorsNYNJ encourages Healthcare Providers to use the Services responsibly, but we have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of, any Healthcare Provider at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments, or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting or arising from, or related to, the use of the Site or Services whatsoever.
4. AUTHORIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT; IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHCARE PROVIDER RELATIONSHIPS AND HEALTHCARE PROVIDER LISTS
In connection with using the Site and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with Healthcare Providers, you understand that: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHOOSING YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. DoctorsNYNJ makes reasonable efforts to ensure that Healthcare Providers only participate in the Services if they hold all active licenses required by law to practice the specialties of the services offered by them, and are not excluded from participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. DoctorsNYNJ may exclude Healthcare Providers who, in DoctorsNYNJ’s discretion, have engaged in inappropriate or unprofessional conduct. Some Healthcare Providers listed through the Services enter into contracts with us, and may pay us a fee in order to be marketed through the Services. To help you find Healthcare Providers who may be suitable for your needs, and enable the maximum choice and diversity of Healthcare Providers participating in the Services, we will provide you with lists and/or profiles of Healthcare Providers. These results are based on information that you provide to us, such as insurance information, geographical location, and healthcare specialty. They may also be based on other criteria (including, for example, Healthcare Provider availability, past selections by and/or ratings of Healthcare Providers by you or by other DoctorsNYNJ users, and past experience of DoctorsNYNJ users with Healthcare Providers). Note that DoctorsNYNJ (a) does not recommend or endorse any Healthcare Providers, (b) does not make any representations or warranties with respect to these Healthcare Providers or the quality of the healthcare services they may provide, and (c) does not receive any fees from Healthcare Providers for featuring them (i.e., higher or better placement on lists) through the Services. Note, however, to the extent that you use the Services as provided by your employer, DoctorsNYNJ may provide lists and/or profile previews based also on criteria determined by your employer and your employer’s agents or advisors.
5. THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
The Services are an informational and educational resource for consumers and Healthcare Providers. We may, but have no obligation to, publish Content through the Services that is reviewed by our editorial personnel. No party (including DoctorsNYNJ) involved in the preparation or publication of such works guarantee that the Content is timely, accurate or complete, and they will not be responsible or liable for any errors or omissions in, or for the results obtained from the use of, such Content. Healthcare Provider Content: Healthcare Provider and practice Content is intended for general reference purposes only. Healthcare Provider Content may be provided by the Healthcare Provider and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may not be confirmed by the Healthcare Provider. Such Content can change frequently and may become out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. Neither the Site nor DoctorsNYNJ provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular Healthcare Provider. Procedures/Products/Services: The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or marketed through the Services are not applicable to all individuals, patients or all clinical situations. Any procedures, products, services or devices represented through the Services by advertisers, sponsors, and other participants of the Services, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply, and we make no claims as to, safety or appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success. Insurance Content: The insurance and insurance related Content (including, without limitation, insurance coverage and benefit Content) (“Insurance Content”) may be intended for general reference purposes and for your convenience only. Such Insurance Content may be based on Personal Information (as defined below) you provide to us as well as Healthcare Provider Content (such as CPT codes and other encounter data). The Insurance Content is provided either directly by the insurance provider you identify or via a third-party clearinghouse. Insurance Content can change frequently and may become out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. To make this Content as accurate as possible, you agree that you will (a) provide accurate and complete insurance-related Personal Information, and (b) verify and update your insurance-related Personal Information (including, without limitation, verifying such Personal Information obtained by automated means from an insurance card you provide). Although DoctorsNYNJ strives to provide you with accurate Insurance Content, we are not responsible for any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated Insurance Content, and you are responsible for complying with subparts (a) and (b) hereof.
6. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1 Your Account Credentials When you create a DoctorsNYNJ account, you will provide an email address and create a password (collectively, “Credentials”). You should keep your Credentials private and not share your Credentials with anyone else. You must immediately notify us if your password has been stolen or compromised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.3 Responsibilities of Healthcare Providers and Others in the Healthcare or Medical Industries If you are a Healthcare Provider or other person or entity in the healthcare or medical industries, regardless of whether you maintain an account with DoctorsNYNJ or whether you schedule or intend to schedule appointments (including appointments for Designated Provider Services) through the Services, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) You will not use the Services to view, access or otherwise use, directly or indirectly, price, availability, or other Content for any purpose other than your own personal use as a patient or prospective patient. (b) You will not use the Services to establish, attempt to establish, or enforce, directly or indirectly, any agreement or coordination of the prices charged for any product or service; the kinds, frequencies or amounts of any product or service offered; or the customer or customer categories for any product or service, or otherwise engage or attempt to engage in price fixing, output restriction, or customer or market allocation. (c) You will not use the Services, directly or indirectly, to engage in any anti-competitive, deceptive or unfair practices, or otherwise violate applicable antitrust, competition or consumer protection laws, or regulations.
8. CHANGES TO THE SERVICES; NEW SERVICES;
8.1 Changes to the Services; New Services We may from time to time add new features to the Services, substitute a new service for one of the existing Services, or discontinue or suspend one of the existing Services. Under no circumstances will DoctorsNYNJ be liable for any suspension or discontinuation of any of the Services or portion thereof, and the use of new services will be governed by this Agreement.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
While using the Services, you may encounter links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience only and we do not endorse these sites or the products and services they provide. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other websites. Although we attempt to link only to trustworthy websites, it is possible that they will contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate and we will not be responsible or liable for the legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through such other websites.
10. CONTENT YOU POST OR SUBMIT
11. YOUR USE OF CONTENT
All of the Content is owned by us or our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain DoctorsNYNJ’s proprietary information. We give you permission to use the Content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, re-publish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the Content, or exploit the Site or Services in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as expressly provided herein, neither DoctorsNYNJ nor its suppliers grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by DoctorsNYNJ to you are retained by DoctorsNYNJ.
We created DoctorsNYNJ to improve patients’ healthcare experience, and we want your experience with DoctorsNYNJ to be exceptional. While we work hard to make that happen, you acknowledge that we have no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: (a) which users gain access to the Site and/or the Services, (b) what Content you access, (c) what effects the Content may have on you, (d) how you may interpret or use the Content, or (e) what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release us from all liability for you having acquired, you having not acquired, or your use of Content. We make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Site and/or the Services. We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, DoctorsNYNJ MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. DoctorsNYNJ DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, BUG-FREE OR FREE FROM DEFECTS, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
13. GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WHILE WE’RE ALWAYS IMPROVING, AND WE HOPE YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE WITH DoctorsNYNJ, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (a) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO CREATE OR MAINTAIN AN ACCOUNT WITH THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, OR (b) $100; EXCEPT THAT, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICES , IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR CUMULATIVE LIABILITY THEREOF REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF TRANSACTION PROCESSING FEES, IF ANY, REMITTED TO AND RETAINED BY DoctorsNYNJ FOR PROVIDING TRANSACTION PROCESSING SERVICES FOR APPOINTMENTS MADE BY YOU IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE APPLICABLE CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN ACCORDANCE HEREIN TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16.3 Limitation of Claims No action arising under or in connection with this Agreement, regardless of the form, may be brought by you more than one (1) year after the cause of action arose; actions brought thereafter are forever barred.
16.6 Headings The headings of the sections of this Agreement are for convenience only, do not form a part hereof, and in no way limit, define, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meaning, scope or intent of this Agreement or any terms or conditions therein.
16.7 Assignment We may assign this Agreement at any time, including, without limitation, to any parent, subsidiary, or any affiliated company, or as part of the sale to, merger with, or other transfer of our company to another entity. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense this Agreement to anyone else and any attempt to do so in violation of this section shall be null and void.
Effective Date: May 17, 2018
Here at DoctorsNYNJ, we’re committed to making our service safe, caring, and accessible for everyone. That’s why we created this document, which explains the rules for using DoctorsNYNJ. Thank you for reading, and for helping us deliver a better healthcare experience!
1. RESTRICTED USES
You agree not to use the Services in any unlawful, infringing, tortious or harmful manner; in any way that violates another party's intellectual property, privacy or other rights; or in any way that otherwise interferes with the operation, use or enjoyment of any service, system or other property.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site and/or the Services or in or on any Content;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services;
- reformat or frame any Content or portion of the web pages that are part of the Site and/or the Services;
- fraudulently or intentionally misuse the Services, including without limitation scheduling an appointment with a Healthcare Provider which you do not intend to keep, or scheduling an appointment for Designated Provider Services (as defined in the Additional Terms) which you do not intend to pay using the Transaction Processing Services (as defined in the Additional Terms);
- create user accounts, book appointments or submit Posted Information by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph; or
- use any means, including software means, to conduct web scraping of any portion of the Site, its content or materials and/or the Services.
You may not use contact information provided by our users or Healthcare Providers, or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending of, unsolicited bulk communications, such as SPAM. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may immediately terminate your registration or access to the Services and take other legal action if you or anyone using your Credentials violates these provisions.
2. USER CONTENT
We reserve the right to publish your Posted Information as part of the Services and to also remove your Posted Information for any reason. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in posting or removing Posted Information. Keep in mind that the Posted Information of others is simply opinion and should not be relied on.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing:
• You are solely responsible for any Posted Information that you submit, publish or display through the Services or transmit to other members and/or other users of the Site.
• You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party.
• You may not provide any Posted Information that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by DoctorsNYNJ.
• You may not provide any Posted Information that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity.
• You agree that you will only provide Posted Information that you believe to be true.
• You may not submit Posted Information that:
o is false, deceptive or misleading;
o harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
o involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
o violates, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
o violates antitrust, competition, or consumer protection laws;
o is threatening, abusive, obscene, defamatory or libelous; or
o is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature.
3. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The effective date of this Acceptable Use Policy is set forth at the top of this webpage. We will notify you of any material change by posting notice on this webpage. Your continued use of the Services after the effective date constitutes your acceptance of the amended Acceptable Use Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on acceptable uses of the Services. The amended Acceptable Use Policy supersedes all previous versions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, YOU MUST STOP USING THE SERVICES AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF SUCH CHANGES.
Our company’s most important value is ‘Patients First’, which means that we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take great care with your personal information. This policy will help you understand how we use and protect your data. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. You can also learn more at DoctorsNYNJ.com/trust. Thank you so much for choosing DoctorsNYNJ.
Effective Date: May 17, 2018
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information Generally
Some of the Services require us to learn more about you so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your e-mail address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code); (3) insurance data (such as your insurance carrier, insurance plan, member ID, group ID and payer ID); (4) medical data (such as the doctors, dentists or other healthcare specialists, professionals, providers, or organizations (collectively, “Healthcare Providers”) you have visited, your reasons for visit, your dates of visit, your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us); and (5) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us. We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access and use some of the Services if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but features of the Services that require your Personal Information will not be accessible to you.
2.2 Billing, Collection and Payment Information
2.3 Traffic Data
We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
2.4 HIPAA and PHI
Under a federal law called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), some demographic, health and/or health-related information that DoctorsNYNJ collects as part of providing the Services may be considered “protected health information” or “PHI.” Specifically, when DoctorsNYNJ receives identifiable information about you from or on behalf of your Healthcare Providers, this information is considered PHI.
3. How We Collect Information
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
• When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for Healthcare Providers, searching for available appointments with Healthcare Providers and completing medical history forms (“Medical History Forms”) prior to Healthcare Provider appointments;
• When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
• If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices;
• If you download our mobile application or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
• Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
• When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
4. Tracking Tools and “Do Not Track”
4.1. Tracking Tools
We may use tools outlined below in order to provide our Services to, advertise to, and to better understand users.
For more information on cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect information about the use of our Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Services, using selected publishers’ websites or opening emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising (discussed further below).
• Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into the Site. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 5 (Use of Information).These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use their services.
• Mobile Device Identifiers: As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help DoctorsNYNJ learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data.
• Cross Device Matching: To determine if users have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices, we may work with partners who analyze device activity data and/or rely on your information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). To supplement this analysis, we may also provide de-identified data these partners. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated or use this data to further analyze usage of Services across devices.
4.2. Tracking Tools
We may use a type of advertising commonly known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising. This means that some of our partners use Tracking Tools to display DoctorsNYNJ ads on other websites or services based on information about your use of the Services or your interests (as inferred from online activity). Such partners may include third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks or platforms, and agencies. Other Tracking Tools used by our partners may collect information when you use the Services, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, browser, web page interactions, geographic location and demographic information, such as gender and age range. These Tracking Tools help DoctorsNYNJ learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
4.3. Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) allow you to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept DoctorsNYNJ’s Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Services.
You may opt out of receiving certain Cookies and certain trackers by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) consumer opt-out page, or by installing the DAA’s AppChoice app (for iOS; for Android) on your mobile computing device. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your computer, tablet or mobile computing device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete Cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile computing device, you may need to opt out again. For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile devices, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device. You will need to opt out of each browser and device for which you desire to apply these opt-out features.
Please note that even after opting out of interest-based advertising, you may still see DoctorsNYNJ advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that DoctorsNYNJ is no longer using Tracking Tools — DoctorsNYNJ still may collect information about your use of the Services even after you have opted out of interest-based advertisements and may still serve advertisements to you via the Services based on information it collects via the Services.
4.4. How DoctorsNYNJ Responds to Browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the website operator may refrain from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including DoctorsNYNJ, do not proactively respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
5. Use of Information
We may use information that is neither Personal Information nor PHI (including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses DoctorsNYNJ and how we can deliver a better healthcare experience (for example, testing different kinds of emails has helped us understand when and how patients prefer to get Wellness Reminders for preventive care), or otherwise at our discretion.
We use information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services and to help improve the Services, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display DoctorsNYNJ ads on other websites). Such use may include:
• Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
• Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
• Contacting you when necessary or requested, including to remind you of an upcoming appointment;
• Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
• Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Services, which may include sending customized messages or showing you Sponsored Results;
• Notifying you about certain resources, Healthcare Providers or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
• Sending you information about DoctorsNYNJ or our products or Services;
• Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
• Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
• Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts; and
• Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
6. Disclosure of Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
• We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers with whom you choose to schedule through the Services. For example, if you complete a Medical History Form using the Services in advance of an appointment and elect to share it with your selected Healthcare Provider, we may share your Medical History Form with such selected Healthcare Providers.
• Provided that you choose to use the applicable Services, we may share your Personal Information with your Healthcare Providers to enable them to refer you to and make appointments with other Healthcare Providers on your behalf or to perform analyses on potential health issues or treatments.
• We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers in the event of an emergency.
• To make your information more securely and easily accessible to your Healthcare Providers, we may share your Personal Information with Health Information Exchanges and related organizations that collect and organize your information (such as Regional Health Information Organizations). The goal of such organizations is to facilitate access to health information to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of patient-centered care. More information on Health Information Exchanges can be found www.healthit.gov/HIE
• We do not sell email addresses to third parties. We may share your Personal Information with our partners to customize or display our advertising.
• We may share your Personal Information and Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, Website analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features or functionality available to our users.
• We may share your Personal Information with the insurance provider you identify to us (and via our partners) to determine eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtain benefit plan information on your behalf.
• We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of DoctorsNYNJ (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
We also may need to disclose your Personal Information or any other information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of you, DoctorsNYNJ or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
We may disclose information that is neither Personal Information nor PHI (including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) at our discretion.
7. Public Information
You agree that any information that you may reveal in a review posting or online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. We recommend that you carefully consider whether to disclose any Personal Information in any public posting or forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict. You can learn more about our reviews process at DoctorsNYNJ.com/verifiedreviews.
8. Storage and Security of Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We store and process your information on our servers in the United States. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems.
Although we make good faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can update that e-mail address anytime in your account profile. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. __You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. __Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your Personal Information.
9. Controlling Your Personal Information & Notifications
If you are a registered user of the Services, you can modify certain Personal Information or account information by logging in and accessing your account. If you wish to close your account, please email us at email@example.com. DoctorsNYNJ will delete your account and the related information at your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note, however, that DoctorsNYNJ reserves the right to retain information from closed accounts, including to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
You must promptly notify us if any of your account data is lost, stolen or used without permission.
10. Information Provided on Behalf of Children and Others
The Services are not intended for use by children and children are prohibited from using the Services. DoctorsNYNJ does not knowingly collect any information from children, nor are the Services directed to children.
By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Services, you represent that you are not younger than age eighteen (18). If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age eighteen (18) without his/her parent’s written consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his/her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he/she cannot use the Services, and we will subsequently delete that information.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may, in compliance with the Agreement, use the Services on behalf of such minor child. Any information that you provide us while using the Services on behalf of your minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
If you use the Services on behalf of another person, regardless of age, you agree that DoctorsNYNJ may contact you for any communication made in connection with providing the Services or any legally required communications. You further agree to forward or share any such communication with any person for whom you are using the Services on behalf.
11. Other Websites